Garage Door Openers
Garage Door Openers in San Diego County, CA
Easy Open Door has been proudly serving residents of San Diego County for more than 40 years. We carry an extensive array of Clopay garage doors and accessories as well as Liftmaster garage door openers.
We are a proud supplier of LiftMaster® openers, which has a reputation for being the most efficient and reliable company when it comes to openers.
Types of Garage Door Openers
Residential garage door openers are often categorized into three types based on how they are driven. Our customer service experts will help you determine which type best suits your needs.
The types of garage door openers include:
- Chain drive: Chain drive garage door openers can sustain the weight of heavier garage doors with ease. Options we carry include the 8160WB and the 8360WLB.
- Belt drive: A belt drive garage door opener is built for smooth, quiet operation, especially if you have an attached garage. Top sellers in our inventory include the WLED and 8550W.
- Jackshaft: Our jackshaft openers, also known as direct-drive openers, are wall-mounted and connect directly to the torsion spring on your garage door for smooth opening. These openers help free up overhead space so you can maximize your storage abilities.
Features of New Garage Door Openers
Gone are the days of operating your garage door opener from a two-button remote. New garage door openers utilize smartphone app capabilities, Wi-Fi and more.
New garage door openers offer benefits such as:
- Wi-Fi capabilities: Garage door openers can use your home Wi-Fi to relay information, such as if your door is opened or closed.
- Smartphone notifications: Like Wi-Fi, your smartphone can become your opener remote and more. MyQ smart technology enables your opener to send you alerts about your garage door.
- Battery backups: A battery backup is an extra safety precaution to ensure your door will work even in the event of a power outage. In California, battery backups have become a mandatory feature for garage door openers. Gov. Jerry Brown signed a law requiring them to be fitted in 2018 after the wildfires.
Choose the Right Garage Door Opener for Your Home
Finding the right garage door for your home is easy. It's just a matter of assessing your needs and preferences and finding a suitable model. Two of the best models are:
- LiftMaster Elite: A model from the LiftMaster Elite series comes equipped with MyQ technology, so you can see all your garage door activity from your phone, tablet or computer.
- LiftMaster WLED: The reliable and quiet DC motor powers the belt on the LiftMaster LED opener for near-silent opening and closing. The WLED also features MyQ for home connectivity and comes with safety sensors to stop the door from closing on anything in its path.
Not Sure Which Opener Is Right for You?
Having trouble deciding which garage door opener will make the best fit in your garage? Our customer service specialists can help you choose. Contact us today to get an estimate for a new garage door opener and installation. We'll be happy to discuss all your needs, including garage door opener repairs and garage door installations.